Why bother shop at small local independent stores on the High St when you can get everything you need under one roof at a retail park or online?
1) Local shops sell a wide range of products at affordable prices Many people get out of the habit of shopping locally & are then surprised by the range of local products available. By using your local shop you are able to get local specialties which your supermarket will not stock.
2) Shopping local often saves you money The greatest trick supermarkets ever did was convincing us all that it's the local shops that are expensive. However, the evidence just isn’t there to back this up. Add in travel, parking costs and your time, the overall cost is often much higher.
3) Shopping locally helps retain our communities People don’t like losing shops and services in small towns and villages but don’t equate this to how they spend their money. Shops will often only survive if customers spend locally – so if you want a vibrant town centre, where people can socialise as well as shop, then shop locally.
4) Save Traditional Local Produce Local, independent shops create distinctive shopping experiences and stock a variety of different products. Independent shops keep traditional local products alive. They respond more quickly to the needs of local customers, stocking products to meet the changing population needs.
5) Shopping local helps the environment We are all aware of CO2 emissions and our environmental impact. Local shops, which often stock a high percentage of local sourced goods, help reduce our global footprint. Our delivery drivers will always when possible, collect and deliver products in one journey reducing their carbon footprint.
6) Shopping local creates jobs Shops in our town centres and villages create local employment and self employment. These people in turn spend in the local economy. By using We Deliver Local, you will not only be helping to support the shops you buy from but the local farmers which supply local produce.
7) Local independent shops invest more in our communities Sole traders and independent stores are proportionally more generous in their support for local charities, carnivals, schools and community events. So supporting local shops means a financial return for our community.
8) Local shops value you more Evidence from numerous surveys shows people receive better customer care and service in local shops. Traders survive by their reputation and repeat business - so shopping local means that you get a higher standard of service.
9) There are now small companies that deliver locally- such as https://www.wedeliverlocal.co.uk/ A lot of people are put off by the thought of travelling to local shops especially the elderly, vulnerable, young people and those without transport, We Deliver Local solves this problem. Remember keeping your shops open by buying locally helps the whole community.